100% online, self-paced
No prior experience or certification needed
Flexible payment plan
(from $25 per week)
Learn What Good Food Is
For anyone working in hospitality, good food must be something that is appealing to the eyes and taste; but also free of any contents that might cause a problem (contaminants, allergens, bacterial organisms).
For the health professional, there may be a greater emphasis upon the health benefits of the food, than for the caterer or restaurateur; but whatever the circumstances, the best food surely must be both the healthiest and most attractive.
This course is your first step toward a serious understanding of human nutrition.
- It provides complimentary skills for people involved with food and health across a wide range of vocations (Health, carers or fitness professionals through to chef’s and health food shop sales staff).
- It provides a starting point for persons wanting to work more specifically in the field of nutrition (Note: To work as a nutritionist or prescribe food supplements in most developed countries will require you to do far more study than the 100 hrs involved in this course)
- It provides the concerned individual with the knowledge needed to better manage their own diet, and that of those around them
Making Appropriate Dietary Decisions
Nutrition and dieting are things that everyone has an opinion on. Dietary advice can be found everywhere from papers and magazines, the internet, information found in health food shops to that provided by healthcare professionals. Unfortunately the wealth of information available can be contradictory and confusing, while in some instances following advice can expensive and even be detrimental to health.
Sources of dietary advice whether written or verbal will only ever be as good as the evidence (that is research) they are based on. In view of this before evaluating different sources of advice we will begin by looking at the respective merits of the underlying nutritional research.
This online Nutrition course takes approximately 200 hours to complete, but you have full access for 12 months to suit your self-paced learning.
Enrol whenever you see fit.
Fees & Charges:
Shouldn’t be a problem now with 2 easy options: Upfront Payment or a Flexible Payment Plan (from $25 per week).
- Introduction to Nutrition
- The Digestive System
- Absorption & Enzymes
- Energy Value and Foods
- Carbohydrates and Fats
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Nutrient Disorders
- Cooking and it’s Effect on Food and Nutrition
- Food Processing and Nutrition
- Recommended Daily Intakes of Nutrients
- Planning a Balanced Diet
- Assessing Nutritional Status and Needs
- Timing Meals and Needs of Special Groups
Courses4me is a new age online education company, with decades of experience in both the public and private education space. Our founders have a combined 27 years experience in education and training and have come together to provide quality and affordable education for everyone that is looking to upskill.
Please fill in the Enquiry Form below to download your course brochure
Let’s make it happen!
Just take a minute to complete the form and get more information about this online course. Plus a consultation with experts from Courses4me.