100% online, self-paced
No prior experience or certification needed
Flexible payment plan
(from $25 per week)
YOUR CAREER IN ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY
IS NOW WITHIN REACH AND WITHIN BUDGET.
Mental illnesses and disorders affect around 20% of people. Many of us know someone personally, or who we have seen, who has a mental health problem. Although mental health problems were once considered taboo most modern societies accept mental illness as a condition which can affect anyone. Our understanding of mental illnesses has increased drastically over the past 150 years and we now have more ways of helping people to cope with their symptoms or overcome them entirely.
Studying this course will provide students with valuable insights and knowledge in mental health issues.
- Learn to identify common categories of psychological disorder and their causes, and how they can affect a person’s behaviour.
- Explore the causes of abnormal behaviour from drug abuse and developmental issues to genetic and medical disorders.
- 100 hour self paced study course
- Gain a greater understanding of mental health issues in people for career and professional development.
This course will help the student to develop awareness of a range of common psychological disorders – their aetiology, symptoms, prognosis, and possible treatment options. Whilst the course largely mirrors classifications systems used in the DSM and ICD, the student is also encouraged to consider issues such as how do we define normality and abnormality, and when is an individual’s behaviour within the bounds of what is regarded as “normal” in society – and when is it “abnormal”.
This online Abnormal Psychology course takes approximately 100 hours to complete, but you have full access for 12 months to suit your self-paced learning.
Enrol whenever you see fit.
Fees & Charges:
Shouldn’t be a problem now with 2 easy options: Upfront Payment or a Flexible Payment Plan (from $25 per week).
- Disorders Usually First Diagnosed in Infancy
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnesic and Other Cognitive Disorders
- Substance-Related Disorders
- Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Somatoform, Factitious, and Dissociative Disorders
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders
- Eating and Sleep Disorders
- Impulse-Control Disorders, Adjustment Disorder
- Personality Disorders
Courses4me is one of Australia’s newest online education providers. We endeavour to provide our students with engaging content to encourage and continue people along their career path. All of our courses are provided 100% online and created by industry experts.
We cater to the upskiller, the side hustler, the returning to work mums and dads and those that just have a passion for learning.
Please fill in the Enquiry Form below to download your course brochure
Let’s make it happen!
Just take a minute to complete the form and get more information about this online course. Plus a consultation with experts from Courses4me.